Book a Comedy Show or Book a Comedian to Join Your Event.
Black Sheep Comedy offers fully managed public comedy events at venues in Toronto, the GTA & surrounding area. We even provide door management and marketing!
We also offer full lineups or individual headlining comedians for private parties, corporate events, charities and fundraisers.
BOOK A MONTHLY COMEDY SHOW AT YOUR Venue
At Black Sheep Comedy, we care about three things: comedy, fun and small Canadian businesses. This is reflected in everything we do.
We bring hilarious and inclusive stand up comedy events to venues in Toronto and the GTA. Our lineups are carefully crafted with fully vetted comedians to ensure the success of every show. In addition, we are skilled marketing experts (with a focus on small business), and we create a marketing & promo plan for each venue, with the goal of attracting locals in their area who are most likely to return to the venue again and again.
Why we stand out
- Our shows consistently reach 90-100% capacity.
- We cover all marketing expenses and payment for comedians.
- We do not require a set fee or percentage of bar sales from the venue (we keep ticket sales, you keep bar, food & retail sales).
- We provide door management to ensure Tthe event runs smoothly and your staff can concentrate on what they do best.
- Strict no punching down policy (no jokes/laughs at the expense of traditionally disadvantaged groups).
- Neighbourhood exclusivity. We will not run events at competing venues in your neighbourhood.
And that’s just a few of the reasons why Black Sheep Comedy has been called the best independently run comedy shows in Toronto. If you’re interested in learning more about holding a comedy show at your craft brewery, winery or other venue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CORPORATE, PRIVATE and CHARITY/FUNDRAISING COMEDY EVENTS
We host live corporate comedy shows and private events for celebrations, client or employee appreciation and charity/fundraisers! Black Sheep Comedy will make your online event a breeze.
Our live show packages range from 30 to 90 minutes. We offer:
- Event registration page customized with your branding.
- Donation or payment collection for fundraisers with attendee reports and attendee reporting (paid events & fundraisers)
- Marketing and promotion assistance, if needed.
- MC/Hosting and hilarious, professional, credited comedians chosen specifically for your audience.
- A format that is fun and interactive.
- A strict no punching down policy, which means no laughs at the expense of traditionally disadvantaged groups.
Book A Comedian for Your Business Event or Celebration
Hire a disgustingly talented, professional and credited comedian or comedians to join your next event for a 20–60-minute set! We will ask you a few questions to ensure we book the perfect comedian to suit your audience.
BOOK A HOST / MC for YOUR SPECIAL OR CORPORATE EVENT
Do you require a professional MC or host for Your Event? We have professional English, French and bilingual MC’s and hosts waiting to make sure your online event goes smoothly, stays on track and most importantly, keep your audience engaged, entertained and interested.
Behind the Scenes Zoom Management For Your Event, Full Package (or pick and choose what you need from the list)
- Event registration page customized with your branding.
- Donation collection for fundraisers.
- Tech host to monitor and manage crowd, mics, video, etc.
- A pre-show slide show presentation, incorporating your branding and messaging.
- A format that is fun and interactive.Post-show follow up with attendee/donation documentation, auto generated through third party software.
Would you like to hire a talented, credited and experienced Canadian comedian or comedians for your next online or live event? Or do you need a professional and entertaining MC/Host? Contact us today!
If you’re a new or experienced stand up comic looking for stage time, please email us your bio and a video link (5 minute-ish set) to email@example.com, and let us know if you’re looking for a newbie (5 minute spot), solid middle (8-10 minute), or feature/headliner spot (15-25 minute). Please note that we do not book acts who punch down on stage or in dumb social media posts/comments. If we have not yet had the pleasure of seeing your perform live, we may first invite you to do a set at TESTING: ATTENTION PLEASE! in downtown Toronto.
Black Sheep Comedy is committed to holding inclusive, accessible events – not just for audience members but for comedians, as well. Most (but not all) of our venues are fully accessible, including a ramp to the stage. Please inform us of your specific needs in your booking request. We promise to do our best to accommodate your request.
So who runs Black Sheep Comedy, you ask? Two super cool women, that’s who!
Darcia Armstrong is a stand-up comic with a style that’s been described as “Story telling with punchlines”- whatever that means. She is a Second City graduate of both the stand-up program and comedy writing program. She has performed on some incredible stages across the Ontario, her favourite being the common rooms of homeless shelters throughout the GTA. Darcia was a semi-finalist at Comedy Brawl Toronto, a finalist in Toronto’s Clash of the Comics, Vaughan’s Top Comic and Etobicoke’s Top Comic. She was recently featured in the Goddess Day Arts Festival ’21. She co-produces several shows across the GTA as part of Black Sheep Comedy.
Cathy Macpherson is an up-and-coming Toronto-based comic who broke onto the scene in 2017. She is a Second City Training Centre grad who co-produces Black Sheep Comedy shows across the GTA. Cathy brings her candid brand, imaginary boyfriend and “mesmerizing” faux strip show to stages from Oshawa to Oakville and to local clubs in between. A 2018 Comedy Brawl competitor and fierce finalist in both the Clash of the Comics and Etobicoke’s Top Comic search, Cathy has shown that this seasoned female can do it all.